Did you know?
Between 18-25% of heat loss in a home is lost through uninsulated exterior walls!
Insulating the exterior walls of a new build home is much easier than retrofitting the exterior walls of an existing home, however both come with their own challenges and methodologies to achieving the desired result.
Types of Wall Insulation Applications
Pink Batts Thermal Wall Pads
The insulation comes in the form of rectangular sheets, is light-weight, flexible, glass wool insulation designed to:
- Thermally insulate timber and steel‐framed walls
- Fit easily in standard wall constructions, or be easily cut to fit in non-standard constructions
- Assists in meeting the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) for different designs and environments.
For more information go to: http://www.pinkbatts.co.nz/our-products/residential/#section/walls
Greenstuf Thermal Wall Pads
The insulation comes in the form of rectangular sheets, is light-weight, flexible, polyester insulation designed to:
- Thermally insulate timber-framed walls
- Be self-supporting in walls and require no stapling to hold it in place
- All eligible R-values of GreenStuf pads proudly carry the Environmental Choice New Zealand tick.
InsulSmart Interior Foam
This insulation comes in foam form and is blown into a wall cavity using a specialised machine. This product is:
- Designed specifically for enclosed cavity applications such as stud walls, cathedral ceilings and used in the retrofit of concrete block walls.
- Low shrinkage and ultra-low odour and meets or exceeds all building code requirements.
- Contains 3 anti-fungal additives and is tested for termite and mould resistance.
For more information go to: http://www.cfifoam.com/foam-insulation/insulsmart-foam