Did you know?
Between 21-31% of heat loss in a home is lost through windows!
Draughts and air leakage around windows increase your heating costs. If heat can be lost through a solid ceiling, underfloor or wall, imagine how much is lost through open gaps around windows.
So if you’ve already insulated your ceiling, underfloor and walls or if you’re on a tight budget, there are other things you can also do to make your home a more comfortable place to live in:
- Plug up draughts around windows and doors
- If you have a fireplace, block the chimney when not in use
- A cheap alternative to expensive double-glazing is fixing bubble-wrap on the windows of particularly cold rooms throughout the house. Bubble-wrap is a cheap, quick and efficient temporary solution!
- Use thermal drape curtains rather than blinds to keep the heat in
- Fresh air circulating through the house helps stop condensation and dampness
- Use exhaust fans to remove excess moisture from kitchen, bathroom and laundry
- Driers should be vented to the outside, not into the roof space.
Call us today to book your free home energy assessment and a no-obligation quote.